The most commonly-received queries received by the Physician Specialty Recruitment Office PSP helpdesk during IMT recruitment have been compiled, and divided up into the various sections relating to the stages of the IMT recruitment process.
Please note that additional support is available via the following sources:
- Medical and Dental Recruitment and Selection website - this website covers recruitment across all doctor and dentist training programmes and includes resources such as an applicant handbook and person specifications.
- Oriel - the Oriel application system contains an FAQ section and in the Resource Bank there are various supporting documents, including an Applicant User Guide for the system.
- General - queries which relate to IMT recruitment as a whole or do not neatly fit into one of the categories below.
- Eligibility - queries about the IMT eligibility criteria, relating to the essential criteria of the ACCS-AM and IMT person specifications, and how potential candidates can go about showing they meet them.
Applying - queries specific to completing the application form; this includes questions on selecting the appropriate application scoring options and what happens after submission of your form.
- Interview - queries regarding the IMT interview process.
Offers - queries regarding the process by which programme preferences are ranked and offers are made.
Round 2 - queries which specifically relate to round 2.
Glossary - a glossary page, listing a number of the more common acronyms/terms used in medical recruitment. Generally we have tried to minimise the jargon and acronyms used throughout this website and our guidance more generally, but in some cases referring to this page may be of use.